Amsterdammers are only just discovering the joys of brunch. In fact it’s taking a bit of external inspiration to put some spark into it. There are now some goodies that we regularly enjoy:
· Little Collins – An Australian place with a really nice terrace in De Pijp, serving a really flavorsome range of brunch options.
· Bakers and Roasters – A kiwi run place with a spice of Brazil raound the corner in De Pijp, near Heinekenplein. They serve up a yummy range of burnch in a cool café atmosphere and a few tables outside (but not catching the morning sun): delicious blueberry pancke stack to Huevos Rancheros and yummy sweets for after. They even tailor their menu for the season to use seasonal ingredients! Be prepared to wait a little, it’s pretty packed from opening time onwards.
· George – a New York inspired all day bar and restaurant and they’ve got a strong following for their eggs benedict. Central, near Leidseplein.
· Fraiche – brunch only on Sunday at the classic Amsterdam time of 12-4. Solid New York heavy style burnch. Jordaan.
· Yogurt Barn – a lighter breakfast with greek yogurt and an awesome range of fruits, berries, nuts etc. as toppings. A nice spot in the De Pijp.